First of all, we changed our brand and image, for better communication and relevance, followed by accepting many interesting applications with different business ideas.
We then continued with our acceleration program, comprising of six practical workshops, led by great experts in business development, legal and tax, marketing, product market fit, and communication, to help the teams speed up their process and refine the aspects of their business plan. And we did all of this within two months, two fantastic months, where we had the chance to interact, exchange, learn and grow together.
Working together as a team, capitalizing on our mentor’s network with their vast business experience, we all accomplished a lot, and we needed to showcase our achievements, for which we organized the Awards Ceremony to share with all of you the good news, introduce the winners and celebrate entrepreneurship.
This year we had diverse teams from different sectors:
1. Atokes – sector: retail, fintech
2. BizView – sector: HR, enterprise technology
3. BolsterUp – sector: construction, data & analytics, machine learning
4. Intellar – sector: IsurTech, advisory, digital transformation
5. Renewable Z – sector: renewable energy
6. S3 (Secure Smart Systems) – sector: ICT, cybersecurity
7. SportLink – sector: fitness
As with every competition we had to indicate the finalists who successfully overcame the challenges and outperformed the rest of the teams based on the CyEC 2021 evaluation criteria. The three teams that showed dedication, competence and demonstrated abilities necessary for successful implementation of their business idea are:
Finally, the big winner of this year’ Entrepreneurship Competition, who got the price of 10.000 euros, to take their business further is; BolsterUp with their centralized interactive platform for the construction industry!
* Photography, audio, and video recording may occur at a UCY public event. By taking part, you grant UCY full rights to use the audiovisual material for publicity purposes. If you do not wish to be a part of the audiovisual coverage, you are kindly requested to inform the event organizer. More info for the EU General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’) here.
Centre for Entrepreneurship
- Ministry of Commerce and Industry